While we will be reviewing many, many prior concepts, these are the main concepts we are focusing on:
- more practice with adding & subtracting decimals
- multiplying decimals
- data & landmarks
- rounding & estimating
- making connections during Read-to-Self
- CLICK HERE to learn more about these connections!
- previewing novels for Book Clubs beginning the week of 10/17-10/21
- letter writing
- We will be writing letters to our pen pals in Mr.Malany's class in Kenton, Ohio, this week!
- We will spend time practicing our spelling words on Spelling City.
- Oreo sculpture "how-to" second drafts
- action verbs
- linking verbs
- helping verbs
- Here's a verb video we'll be watching to learn more about verbs:
- cooking in the kitchen with Chef Rob on Thursday, 10/13
- working in the greenhouse with Farmer Curtis on Thursday, 10/20
- measuring the mass of Oreos as an extension of our O.R.E.O. project
- separating the hydrogen and oxygen atoms from water in a lab
- reviewing what we've learned so far about matter in a "Find Someone Who" activity; quiz will occur two days after review (specific date TBA)
- mobile science van special activity on Thursday, 10/13
- "Don't Meth with Me" presentation on Wednesday, 10/12 to learn the harmful effects of meth and its shocking prevalence in Missouri and immediate surrounding areas
- counselor visit on Friday, 10/14
- Sometime during the week of 10/17-10/21, we will be watching the Family Life and Safety videos.
- On Tuesday, October 11, we learned what we had in common with the fellow classmates in our team; we will be using these commonalities to generate a team name to help us improve team spirit and cooperation for cooperative learning activities to come!
- On Friday, October 14, we worked in our teams to develop our team names. All but a couple teams finished finalizing their team name.
- On Wednesday, October 19, we will be going on our field trip to the art museum!
- On Thursday morning, October 20, we will be going to the Health Fair.